Friday, May 22, 2020

Life Is NOT a puzzle. It is ....

 I HATED this toy growing up! My grandmother on the other hand would sit around and mess with this thing for hours. She finally got tired of messing with it one day. She pulled all the stickers off and re stuck them back on the cube so it looked like she had worked it. She didn't deny what she had done, she just simply admitted, "I got sick and tired of messing with it and the blocks never lining back up." Now I know there are people out there in the world who can truly work these toys but I am most certainly NOT one of them. Not only am I not one of them, but I don't even understand what makes one want to work them. Why? Simply because I can't do it....why try? Then one day I realized, why am I trying to live my life like it is one of these puzzles?
Life is not a puzzle. There is not a secret to making life work. You can not simply find the "perfect" job. Have you been there? I have. Thinking that if you can just find the perfect job that life would be easier. Then you think maybe if I make the perfect amount of money, that is what would make my life better. Or maybe if I date/marry the perfect person, maybe if I attend the perfect church, maybe if I find the perfect people to be in my life.....maybe.....maybe.....maybe......

maybe......we are just wasting our lives.

Life is a journey. Life is a path. Life is like a train track.......


There are turns that have to be made to reach our destination. There are bridges that have to be crossed. There are slow tracks and there are fast tracks. There are stops that have to be made along the way. Sometimes the train gets laid over. Sometimes weather affects the tracks. Sometimes the engine needs to be serviced. NONE of these things happening to the train means that it is on the wrong path. In fact, for a train to get off those tracks and try to drive on a roadway would be futile. Do you follow me?

You have a destination. You are on a journey. If you are having lay backs, it is normal. If you have stopped moving at all for a while, it is normal. If you feel like you have been stuck at the depot for a few years, it is normal. If your engine needs repaired (your spiritual life) then let God work on it. Confess it, turn back to him, get up, dust off, and start back to moving again. You don't have to go 75 mph, just start with 5.

Maybe you are asking, "but where am I going?" Guess what friend. Let me take some more pressure off of you......I don't know.....you can't know. Take a moment to read this.

"Now the Lord had said to Abram, "Get out of your country, from your family and from your father's house, to a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." Genesis 12:1-3

God doesn't show you the plan before you start on the journey. Don't work that way. If he laid it all out for you one of two things would happen. One, you would say it was to hard, couldn't happen, and you would quit. Or, two, you would go off and try to do it yourself without God. Not that you would succeed without him anyway, but what good is faith if you can see everything with your eyes. 

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1
You can't have faith, if you can see all the answers.

But did that stop Abram?

"So Abram departed as the Lord had spoken to him, and Lot went with him. And Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran." Genesis 12:4

Now skip over to verse 7. AFTER Abram packed up on this journey that he had NO IDEA where God was sending him, God appears to Him again and gives him another "hint" about what is going on. "Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said, "To your descendants I will give this land."" 

God gives clues in life as I like to call them. He shows you along the path from time to time that you are either on the right path, or He nudges you to get back where you know you need to be. God gives directions one step at a time. Just like Abram, it probably won't make much sense. You may feel confused. And I PROMISE you this world will think that you are nuts. But you stay in His word, pray daily, many times daily, and HE WILL be faithful. 

THE MOST FAITHFUL BEING YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!

So......stop trying to work your life's puzzle. It isn't a puzzle to figure out. It is a path. All you have to do is stay on it. Stop when there is a rest area. Pull over when the engine is running hot. Of course all of this is figuratively but I hope it gets my point across.

If you are tired of life, tired of trying to figure it out, just stop! This is HIS invitation to you. HE HAS GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT. He doesn't want you to do all that. He is lining things up for you ahead. If it isn't happening as soon as you want, it just means He has something better for you. 

Where are you on your journey???? Join in with us on the discussion! Post a pic on your social media accounts of a train or a cube. Have you been trying to work your life like a puzzle? Are you finally getting aboard the train? Use the Becoming Blameless hashtag! #becomingblameless

And spoiler alert, God makes good on His promise to Abram. Go read the rest of the story!!

(Photos from Pixabay)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...