Sunday, March 2, 2014

Out of Control

I can't stand it! I am sure not many people like to admit it and neither do I. When things are out of my control, it drives me nuts!! I think that is why I get so anxious over certain things. Take for example my son's upcoming surgery. I can not be in there while they operate, I can not do the surgery myself, nor can I do anything if, Lord forbid, something goes wrong. But today I have had such a peace come over me. And it all happened from this view!


I hate it when I have thoughts about the unexpected happening! I have worried a lot about Ian's welfare during and after his upcoming surgery this week. It is not a major surgery, tonsils and adenoids, but the mommy in me can imagine all kinds of things going wrong. What would I do if something happened to him? What if the doctor makes a mistake and hurts him? What if he wakes up hunting me and I am not in there with him in recovery yet? I can go on an on. But today we were outside, at the park, and as I watched my boys play, I looked up. I seen the clouds, I seen a huge old tree, I seen birds flying high, and then I heard it!

"I always control everything! Regardless of if you think you are in charge or not, I hold the universe in tact."

You see that is just it. We think that we are in control of some things and some things we know we can not control. But the truth of the matter is we can NEVER guarantee that something will not go wrong! God on the other hand, can! You see before Ian was ever born, God knew that he was going to have this surgery. And just like God knew the date of his surgery, He knows the days in his future. All the worrying in the world cannot do one thing to change that.
  25 "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 28 So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:25-33
Nothing ever happens that is a surprise to God! He is all knowing!! He takes care of the birds of the air and flowers of the field!
He tells storms to calm.......
39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?” Mark 4:39-40
.......and they listen!!!!

A verse then popped into mind, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

I have nothing to fear! Why am I worrying?! If the God of the universe sent His only Son to die so I would not perish, I would say that is perfect love!! God has my best interest in mind! Does that mean nothing bad will never happen to me? NO!! But it does mean that God will make some good come from all bad! (Romans 8:28)  

Ian is in the very best hands. I don't mean mine or the doctors either, but Gods! 

If you will say a prayer for my little boy on Tuesday. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...