Thursday, September 5, 2019

Lonely

Have you ever felt completely alone but still be surrounded by a lot of people? Well I have and I bet you have felt that way before too. Even as a married woman I can not expect my spouse to ALWAYS be there for my every emotional need. Shoot, if my husband expected that of me, well lets just say, I couldn't live up to those expectations! And I think that is why a lot of marriages fail. There is no person on the face of the planet that can be everything you need! That is when a discovery I made the other day blew my mind!

I was riding in the car and I hear this,
"If anyone loves Me, he will keep my Word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him." (John 14:23)

Thats it!!! Thats what I have been looking for! Someone who can truly know my deepest thoughts, desires and dreams but yet totally accept me! I want someone I can talk with when I am scared laying alone inside a noisy MRI machine. I want someone who will let me cry even when people think the reason I am crying is stupid. I want intimacy. Not intimacy like with my spouse but something more. I want for the creator of the universe to be so comfortable with my thoughts and actions that he is willing to come and live with me. I want THAT kind of life. 

The party life, the running life, the busy life, the popular life, the drinking life, the whatever you want to put here.....will never ever ever FILL you. I have searched and searched and searched...it is all empty lies! But, I have experienced the amazing power of living a life for God and though I have failed him MISERABILY, I want to allow him to clean me up, bandage my wounds, and put me back "on that bicycle again",
: the bicycle of faith. I will never be perfect and I am almost willing to bet I will fall off again but I want to have a longterm tentant of Jesus in my heart! 

How about you? Is your life one where Jesus would be comfortable to come visit or even stay for a while? Even if you are like me and you have to admit there are some cobwebs you need to clean up, will you do it with me? Let's let Jesus have his way in our hearts and lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...