Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Where Have I Been? Drawing!

So now that I am back to blogging I have gotten this one question a LOT! "Where have you been!?" I know I have been MIA on the blog but it is only because I have been drawn to a different art form- drawing! And more specifically, colored pencil drawings! Allow me to fill you in a little more......


If you would have told me several years ago that I would be doing colored pencil artwork I would have told you to SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! NO WAY! You know we all pick up crayons and colored pencils as kids but I never did much with them. Until last September!

I walked into a local art gallery and fell in LOVE with a colored pencil drawing that hung on the wall. Now mind you the price tag didn't allow me to love it enough to take it home with me, but I was fixed on this picture. The kind lady behind the counter was the artist behind it. She humored me by answering a few questions I had about the medium. I was so intrigued I came straight home and watched video after video after video about how to draw with colored pencils. Once I got paid I went out and purchased my first "real" set of colored pencils and started drawing. After one drawing I was hooked! After my second drawing people started asking me how much I would charge to draw for them! Fast forward to today.

I have now been drawing for one year with colored pencils. People ask me, how do you do it? The truth is, I do not even know. All I know is that God put a lady in my path one day and a few weeks later I was hooked. The ability I have to draw came completely from Him and I am thankful or every day that he lets me pick up a pencil. I now cherish my hands, my ability to see and even the ability to hold a pencil in my hand. I now do colored pencil drawings for others who hire me to draw for them. Below is the drawing I completed last and below it the drawing I am currently working on.
This drawing was a 15 inch by 36 inch and took me 36 hours and 15 minutes to complete!

This is a drawing of a zebra I am currently working on.

To follow me on social media visit Kyliegh Kite Art on Facebook. OR check out my artwork blog over at kylieghkiteart.blogspot.com!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...