Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Digging in Even Deeper

Do you ever have times in your spiritual life when you are thriving? I mean you feel so close to God it is as if He has been over at your house visiting with you all day? I love times like those. But one thing in my 25 years of being a Christian is that those times do not always happen. There are times when we got through a spiritual desert. As much as  I dislike those times, I don't know if it has just taken me longer than most to figure it out or if I am getting wiser in my aging but I come out of those times in the desert with a great understanding of something I needed to change.

In 2016 I want to be a prayer WARRIOR. I want to be so close to God that people can not be around me without feeling His presence in my life. I want to serve God in a greater capacity than I ever had. I want to breathe every minutes with God! So how can I do this?
The more I study the importance of our thoughts and how the human's mind works, the more I am figuring out the importance, no I should say the critical truth that we need God's word in our lives. Our thoughts design who we will become. That is why God told us to meditate on His word day and night. God new what we needed in our lives.

In an effort to engrave as much information from God's word as possible I have began not just reading my Bible but also sleeping with recorded Scripture playing in the background and writing scripture as well.(You can google or go to youtube and search for audible Bible verses, you will be surprised at all of them there is. )

Here are two good writing plans for God's word that I started yesterday. I will be writing these on a daily basis until I am finished.

http://www.southernmelle.com/2015/12/31-day-scripture-writing-plan-prayer/
https://wherefaithmeetsreallife.wordpress.com/2015/08/24/back-to-school-anxiety-30-days-of-fear-fighting-prayer/
So there is my plan so far for the week! I would love to hear from you! Please let me know if you are are using this method of prayer or another. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...