Saturday, September 26, 2020

When the Unexpected Happens

It was a Sunday afternoon, 20 days ago, I never would thought this is where the day would lead. Truth is unexpected days are never on our radars, are they? Every single day is an unexpected. So why do we depend on life to go as planned?
Now as a type A person I get it. I like to plan my day, make my lists, and check my charts just as much as the next person, but those items are just tools.  We have to understand that we will probably have to completely abandon our plans completely more times than we do not. Just like the picture of my broken wrist above, unexpected things happen. 

My one fall that caused my broken wrist resulted in changed work plans for 6-8 weeks. It caused a change in income. It caused a change in my surgical history, since I had to have a metal plate and 7 screws to put the broke bone back together again. It caused a change in how I write, how I type, how I dress, how I bathe, how I now can not do 90 percent of things on my own without the help of someone else's help. It is these unexpected things in life that can either drive us toward or away from God.

I have had more than my fair share of things that are unexpected. I have also had my fair share of these things taking my eye off of my relationship with God. I am not going to say it will not happen again because I am human but I am really conscious now that I can not depend on life to be perfect for me to work on my relationship with God. 
It is a matter of daily choice. 
It is a matter of daily discipline. 
It is a matter of accountability.
It is a matter of .........

not allowing the unexpected to stop us!
 

My very first left handed painting!



And now it is your turn. What keeps you from your relationship with God? Time? Money? People?
Whatever it has been for you, I can just about guarantee it has been so with me and many others. But it is time to stop. It is time for us to take the most important relationship we will ever have and make time for it, daily! I shared this in my last post but I want to share it again, October 1st we are going to start a new faith community to help hold us accountable to just that. It will be something we have to commit to and do it because well as we have established, the unexpected does and will happen. But God is there with us every minute of the day! 

Are you in with us? Are you ready to be committed to your relationship with God daily? 
Stay tuned, I have some great news I am busting to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...