Saturday, February 15, 2014

Did You Feel That?

So if you live in the United States or perhaps been on social media you have heard about the earthquake that happened last night in South Carolina. While I have felt the tremble of earthquakes in the past, this time I did not feel it and neither did my boys. Maybe it is because the house trembles all the time from the two sets of running feet from my two wide open boys. :) In all seriousness, the earthquake happened on Valentine's Day at 10:23 pm. And I could not help but think of this verse in the Bible.

"But He answered and said to them, "I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out." Luke 19:40
If you read the previous verses you would see that just before Jesus said this, the whole multitude of disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works they had seen.
"Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"  Luke 19:38
Then the Pharisees told Jesus to make the disciples hush! Can you imagine the gall!!??  I can think of another time in the Bible when there was an earthquake. Have you thought of it yet?
"And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. Then, behold, the veil of the temple was tor in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split," Matthew 27:50-51
 One thing is for sure, although we are helpless at times in life, in this case an earthquake, we know who is in control of it all, God! And hey, get this! There is one more earthquake I want to draw your attention too!!! I can hardly wait for you to read it!!!!!!
"Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week bean to dawn Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake: for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it...... But the angel answered and said to the women "Do not be afraid for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before yointo Galilee; there you will se Him. Behold, I have told you." Matthew 28:1-8

PRAISE GOD!! HE IS ALIVE!! Some people say I turn everything into a "religious" or "spiritual" issue but I think of God and His word all the time, so it makes since that I choose to see God in every situation I can. We should take these "thoughts" as promptings from the Holy Spirit. Here is what my promptings led me to question: 1.) Have I praised Him enough lately? Have I missed my mark in praise so that the ROCKS of the earth are having to do my job for me? and 2.) Praise God for the quake that happened all those many years ago when Christ died for my sins and the sins of the world! And Praise God it did not end there!!! HE ROSE AGAIN!!!

 I would say it was appropriate the quake happened on Valentine's Day this year cause when the quake happened on the day of Christ's crucifixion and on the day of His resurrection- it was the ULTIMATE act of LOVE!!! It was a God ordained Valentines Day!! To that I say,
 "Lord Jesus, thank you so much for dying for my sins on the cross.Thank you Lord for the resurrection, for without it our faith would be in vain. Lord, I know that I love you because you first loved me (1 John 4:19). Thank you Lord for your sacrifice! May I live my life for you! Amen!"

 If you have not accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and you want to accept His free gift to you-eternal life. Keep reading!

"For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".(John 14:6)
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one  believes unto righteousness but with the mouth confession is made into salvation...For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:9-10,13)

Friends, eternal life is a free gift from God by accepting His Son Jesus Christ. There is no other way. You can not be good enough (Isaiah 64:6) you can not work to earn your way in (Titus 3:5)- it only comes through Jesus! Do you feel Him calling to you? Is He knocking at your hearts door? Let Him in. Let loves you more than you can ever imagine! Enough to die for you! Will you let Him in???? If so pray a simple prayer something like this:
"Lord God, I admit that I am a sinner and I deserve nothing but eternal separation from you but I thank you for loving me enough to send your Son. God I believe in your Son, Jesus Christ, and believe that He died on a cross and on the third day, rose again. Please forgive me for all of my sins. Come into my life and be the Lord of it all! Thank you for loving me! I give my life to you! Amen!"

If you prayed this prayer or one like it will you comment below and let me know. I would love to pray for you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kyleigh, I see a devotional in everything I look at as well. I see nothing wrong with that!

    Thanks for becoming my 100th blog follower. I gave you a shout out on today's blog post. May your blog become everything you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving me a shout out! I will return the favor! I am still trying to map out what I want for my blog content to consist of. Any suggestions from seeing what your readers like? Any mentoring you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

      Delete

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...