Sunday, February 16, 2014

It Doesn't Add up!!

Can you remember? You sat down in Math class, pencil in hand, paper in front of you and with a sheer grin you look up from your paper and think, "I did it!" Only to find out the math problem you just thought you had got right was wrong?! What!!?? It made sense! I was so confident that I had it right! When things didn't "add up" we felt discouraged and wondered where things went wrong. Well we can feel that in life, and just like in math class, we feel discouraged. So what now?

"But God, why? My plan makes sense. I mean, I have it all figured out. I can ______________ and then ___________ and that will lead to _____________. It all makes sense! So why are things not working out? I thought you were supposed to help me God? Where are you?"

The problem is not God.

Can I tell you right now that I can not give you the answer as to why things are not going the way you think they should or should have went. You see I am not God. Only God knows. But what I can do is give you some guidance and then you pray and ask God to reveal to you where the problem lies.
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be give to him." James 1:5
 First thing that I have had to learn personally is this: Maybe my plan is just that. MY PLAN and NOT God's plan! Maybe you have made your own agenda, without asking God for guidance and direction while planning. Maybe you have set a course that is completely of kilter from what God has planned for your life. If you are a child of God, a believer in Christ, you are no longer your own.
"For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Corinthians 6:20
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10
You see God knows things about you that even you do not know about yourself. He seen you before you were born. God has a plan!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." Jeremiah 1:5a
"Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them." Psalms 139:16
" But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." Luke 12:7
You see, God knows! Maybe the reason things are not going how we think they should  is we are trying to do what ever we want with our lives and not seeking God. Are you trying to live doing whatever? Submit to God and His plan for your life. Stop trying to fight "the current", if you will, and instead be lead by God. God promises to guide us.
"Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left." Isaiah 30:21
"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever- the Spirit of truth, whom the world can not receive, because i neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:16 & 17
So are you following God's plan or yours? If you have never asked God what He wants for you to do in life, I can highly recommend you start there! Ask God what His plan is and submit your life to seeking Him and His guidance. There you will find your fulfillment!

Secondly, maybe God is trying to teach you something or shape your character. Again, I do not know the answer, you will have to seek God and see what He reveals to you.
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience, But let patience have its perfect work, that you maybe perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4
Perhaps, you are going through something so that you can be a comfort to others.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of al lcomfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble with the comfort whth which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Is God trying to have you repent of a sin in your life?
Is He trying to teach you to trust Him and only Him?

One thing I can guarantee is He has your best interest in mind! He loves you and not matter if you have failed or went off course, He can make it work out for good in your life!
"For I know the thoughts I think toward you says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you shall call upon me and go and pray and I will listen to you. And you shall seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13
 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
Do not run from Him. If things are not going right or you can't see through the "fog" in your life turn to Him and He will show you!
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so often I am all about my agenda! You made a good point in reminding us that we are not our own. We need to seek His agenda for our lives.

    Great post, Kyleigh. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...