Monday, February 17, 2014

New Friends

So today has been a great day! I am slowly learning to stop dwelling on the negative and focus on the positive. I had a positive addition to my life today!One thing that I felt God imposed on me at the beginning of this year was to focus on one key thing. He gave me a one word theme: Relationships! I gained a new relationship in my life today!
I have a lot of avenues that contain circles of friends, as I am sure you do as well. There is work friends, church friends, facebook friends, prayer friends, text friends, and on and on and on. But today I added a new sphere of friends! Blog friends! Wahooo! Seeing how I am completely CLUELESS as to what I am doing starting a blog, I started looking at other people's blogs. That is when I met Jerralea at Jerralea's Journey. She became my first follower and posted the first comment on my blog!! She has some pretty cool posts on her page as well- Go check it out!




I have been amazed at how close knit the blogging community is! It is pretty amazing that someone I do not know in another part of the world wants to help make me successful. Whether it be recommending people come over to your blog or giving advice about how to do better, it is nice to be a part of a group of "positive" people. :) I am grateful that I listened to God about blogging. I love to write, share about my Savior, meet new people and be a part of something bigger than myself. I definitely have got that to do all that so far in blogging. And hey, I have even been doing html coding today!! :) Whoot! Whoot!

Back to my one word theme: I am trying to make a conscious effort to build, maintain and nurture relationships with those who are important to me. One thing I am asking myself quite frequently now a days is this: If I was on the other side of the relationship with me (confusing I know!) would I be happy with how I treated myself? In other words, am I being the kind of friend I want for others to be to me? I am so done with "flaky" friends. If you do not mean it or do not truly care, do not act like you do. Be real! If you can not truly say without a doubt that you are a good friend, maybe you should do an internal check to see what kind of "friend" you are!

P.S. If you are one of my blogging peeps, comment below. I would love to check your page out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...