Friday, February 12, 2021

Slow Stitching- #52tagshannemade- My Progress so Far!

 
February has been off to a great start for me. We have had much cooler weather and a bit of snow here and there so I have been inside quite a bit. As I have been going through all of my junk, lol, I came across my threads and fabrics that I have not had much time to work on. I used to sew A LOT but now, well life. Hahaha! Anyways, I do not sit still really well, I have to keep my hands and mind busy. So I pulled my sewing stuff out and got back into sewing by hand. THEN I found the #52tagshannemade challenge! 




The tag you see above is my take on tag #4 which is called "Fly Stitch". I discovered this challenge a little late in the game so I started with tag #5, then did tag #6, and now I am working backward to get tags 1-3 finished up. Today is February 12th, 2021 and tag #7 just came out today with a name of "Hexi's". I plan to work on it over the weekend so I can record my process so you guys can see what I mean.
Here is the video I did for tag #4.


Here is tag #5- Kisses 

Here is tag #6- A Bevy of Buttons
For this tag, I was feeling cramped up inside and dreaming of the beach. The buttons reminded me of seashells, a beach ball, and the the waves of the water. The orange, yellow, blue and pink back ground reminded me of everything summer. 

So I am quite enjoying something that makes me slow down and not use any electronics. I look forward to the challenge each week and I am fixing to start a #sew4thesoul book next! Stay tuned for when I post more of my tags and if you are looking for a small project that will help you relax, why not join in with me!

You can search for Anne Brooke Textile Artist on Youtube to see here introduction video on the challenge. Better yet, here is the introduction video to the challenge! 


See you soon once I create tag #7- Hexi's!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...